Tips to help build your sustainable lifestyle starting today! 🙂
- Choose better transport: choose less polluting means of transport, trade driving to walking or cycling, trade flying to virtual meetings, trade buses to trains, etc. Read more here.
- Choose better food: consume fresh & locally produced products & encourage local economy, consume less livestock production & support ecological & ethical farming, Read more here.
- Choose better consumption: consume environmentally friendly & fair trade products. Read more here.
- Practice energy efficiency: choose clean/renewable energy alternatives & energy efficient devices, use electricity responsibly. Read more here.
- Limit waste: practice good waste management – reuse, recycle, compost, minimize usage of pakaging & unecessary bags. Read more here.
- Be active: choose CSR conscious & active companies as your employer or customer, get involved as volunteer in active groups or start one.
- Be seen: become a sustainability living example & share with others your knowledge & resources.
Please contact us for further recommendations and consulting!
Recipes for your household
Here take a look at recipes for household products and cosmetics made with simple and more sustainable ingredients.
Interesting links related to sustainable lifestyle
Unfortunately, some of the web pages are only available in Czech.
- Auta ve škole
- Car pollutants by sciencing.com
- Rideshare with carpoolworld.com
- Rideshare with blablacar.cz
- Aviation emissions: understanding the carbon offset market
- Statistiky o odpadů v Evropě
- Waste statistics in Europe
- 15 things you didn’t know about the waste management industry
- Jak na třídění odpadů
- Where does you waste go?
- TED talk on the litter collect app
- Mapa kompostování aj. v ČR
- Mapa pro třídění odpadu v Praze
- Mapa zpracování komunálního odpadu v Praze (source: Portál životního prostředí hl. m. Prahy)
Zachraň jídlo (how not to waste food)
- Záchranářovo desatero
- Jak správně nakupovat
- Jak uložit potraviny, aby co nejdéle vydržely
- Omega-3 carp (website in Czech) contains important substances such as seafish do – but eating it is more sustainable. It can be bought at Makro in Prague throughout the year. During Christmas, on the website a list of places where to buy it is published. Also, it is possible to buy it in České Budějovice in the store of the Faculty of fishery and water protection (open only on Thursdays).
Other links to sustainable consumption
- Podle nezávislých testů obsahují některé balené vody pesticidy, bakterie a látky z plastu.
- Porovnání vody z kohoutku a balené vody ze zdravotního hlediska.
- Nutritional footprint calculator, which takes into account the environment as well as health aspects.
- On transparency of fashion: what is particularly interesting, is the summarizing table on page 26 of the Fashion Transparency Index Rating 2018.